Reimagine Redditch is the Creative People and Places programme in the Borough of Redditch. Creative People and Places focuses on parts of the country where involvement in arts and culture is significantly below the national average. What makes Creative People and Places unique, is that the arts activity driven by these groups, is designed by, for and with people from the community. Reimagine Redditch has initially secured funding until March 2025.
Reimagine Redditch is a launch-pad that invites residents to think big. We want to make sure that everyone who lives here has the chance to participate in building back better, using digital to enhance an amazing and much-needed physical offer, rather than as a substitute for it. We envision a 10 – year programme of activity, themed around interlinked strands, reflecting Redditch’s 100+ languages; 100 Spaces; 100 Voices; 100 Moments; 100 Vocations; 100 Futures.
We are currently recruiting for a Community Engagement Officer. Other posts will be advertised shortly.
Community Engagement Officer
Our ideal candidate will be able:
- To nurture our communities and ensure barriers are removed for participants to shape arts and culture in the places they live.
- To inspire, recruit and support people to volunteer and get more involved with Reimagine Redditch.
- To promote creativity through engagement with youth groups, local schools, colleges, community groups, parish councils, culturally diverse groups, faith groups etc
- To work with the community to develop creative and arts based projects which will engage and empower participants, based on their aspirations, needs and interests.
- To promote and co-ordinate workshops/events that will empower participants to generate and develop their own ideas leading to shared decision making.
- To work flexibly to ensure the inclusion of all participants in response to their needs.
Could you be our Community Engagement Officer? Download the application pack to find out more.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to apply for these opportunities.